Pages

Tuesday 22 November 2011

Would You?

Would you place your hand in mine
And trust where I would lead you
No matter what the journey was-Not doubting where we go?

Would you close your eyes before me
And believe what I would tell you
Knowing that if I was wrong-You would suffer the consequences?

Would you lie beside me-And enter my body willingly
Making love to me in the knowledge
That I might leave you tomorrow?

Would you make yourself so necessary to me
That I could not function without you
Love, yet not fall in love-Hold me, yet not hold me back?

Would you do all this
Even knowing I might not be real?

Valerie Masters

2 comments:

  1. Nice cadence, like Elizabethan, or Jacobite play or prose. Could almost be lyrics. Liked the piece below about U and 'maths' delightfully childlike. Do you have any short story type pieces up? Would love to read them. Even pieces based on truth can read like fiction. We know you've done some non-fiction pieces. Are they up......Oh, and one more thing..... I LOVE your taste in templates! I'll be back

    ReplyDelete
  2. most likely!
    searching questions*

    ReplyDelete